Friday 5 July 2013

Making Up

I am so happy with myself ( lol not to sound big headed or anything). Today I started making my oversized maggot jumper. In the beginning I was not confident because I didn't have anybody around I could constantly ask for help. With my first garment that I made, I had Helen(My tutor and knit lecture)with me so, every step that I took Helen was there to help me. But this time I was by myself, just me myself and I.
I started off shaky but once I spoke to Karen (the technician), got some direction on what I should do, went away and did it. At the end it came out pretty well. I feel I could do it better next time (if there is a next time).
In the image I traced my pattern using tailors chalk, I then did a stay stitch around the drawn pattern then I cut it out. It all sounds really easy but when it’s the first time, you have ever done anything like this, you become nervous because you’re thinking ‘what if I make a mistake’ I've ruined the fabric and because of time, I can’t make the fabric again.
Thank the Lord, it all went well and I can continue to finish the garment.




No comments:

Post a Comment