Thursday 25 July 2013

Keep pushing even when Frustrated!

Today has been so frustrating. I dedicated the whole day to my red knitted garment (which I’m not really sure I like). I have never knitted a collar before even a sandwich trim; this whole experience being on the MA has taught me a lot knit wise and personal. Things that I have never done before, I found myself in a position where I had no choice but to learn very quickly. Which has been so frustrating but I still did them which I am very happy with. I'm not happy with some of my garments (I am always hard on myself, I know!). I started on the 7 gauge machine but once I knitted the collar I realised that it was too loose so I moved onto a 10 gauge and that was perfect for the collar. But the knitting kept falling off so I gave up and decided I will try it tomorrow.
I have furthered my knowledge in Knitwear, which I'm really happy about as this is the whole point of doing an MA. Even though the MA hasn't been the most enjoyable at times but I can say at the end I have learned a lot.

Things did not go to plan for me today but throughout this course I've learnt that nothing ever goes to plan so I always have to pray, stay calm and be patient. That has become my motto throughout this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment