Wednesday 31 July 2013

Last Day II

Today I had to go up to Nottingham to get some last minute things done, before the university closes for the holiday.
When I got to uni, Karen was back from her holiday so luckily I managed to get the button holes done for my waist coat and knitted sweater/shirt. I was really excited as that meant less work for me to do when I get back in September and I can have these garments finished for the photo-shoot.
I bought some buttons for my waist coat but once I served them on, I didn't like them, I thought they were too shiny and the yellow was a bit too much on the lemon side.(insert pic). I also brought buttons for the red shirt which I love; they are a maroon/black clear colour but as I look at them, I think they might be too big.
Also today I met up with Ruth the tailor who was sewing my men’s trousers to collect them. Hopefully they fit really well.
I came home to try them on my model and the blue ones fit well but I think I might have to stitch the back pockets are open when they are on. I am not sure if I like them but maybe with time they might grow on me.


I love the colour of the fabric in this picture!

Next was the high waist red trouser, they looked really good and I loved the fabric but my model could not get foot in as the cuff was too small. The model and I struggled for about 10 minutes to get the trousers over one foot then another 20 minutes to get it off the same foot. I tried it on another model but had the same problem.


I know I have to make some adjustments before the photo-shoot or the EXPO. I was really disappointed because I paid money for the trousers to be made so I expected them to come out right, duhhh that’s what I paid for.

Another setback or should I say disappointment was with the MA craft student who I am collaborating with to make a big brim hat for my collection. I think she started it the night before and because the weather has changed (no more sun), the resin did not set over night which meant the hat was still fragile. So I couldn't take it with me back home.
                                                          

This is an image she sent me

I love it so far, I think it will look really cool and interesting when it is done. Hopefully I can have it ready for the shoot.

I managed to knit two sandwich trims for the green jumper but didn't manage to link them to the garment. Hopefully I can link it on the holidays or mend it back in September but for now I might try to mend it or tack it for the photo-shoot.

Overall I still have a lot of work to do to be ready for the EXPO. It’s only God that can help me so I have to get on and cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment