Monday 1 July 2013

Finally!

FINALLY, I have started this (big) maggot jumper, with so many delays and setbacks it is actually getting done today. On the plus side I was able to get the fabric width I desired.
When I did my pattern, Simon and I was worried that my pattern will end up being too small as there is elastic in the garment and once the fabric is steamed, it shrinks dramatically. So before we knitted my final fabric, I had to have a backup plan just in case the fabric was too small.
Luckily once I measured my pattern and my sample knitted fabric, it just about fit on the machine.
I was also worried that the yellow yarn I was using would run out as that was the only cone left at the shop (Uppingham Yarns) but I managed to get the front back and the two sleeves done. 


5 Gauge Knitting machine


Fabric before it is steamed



On the same day, I managed to also knit my waist coat fabric on the 14 gauge machine. It did not necessarily come out the way because the pattern on the fabric was different to how originally designed. I didn't notice till the first piece was knitted and steamed.
I was a bit upset at first because when things don’t go the way you want and it is not necessarily your fault, it’s a bit upsetting.
Last Friday I didn't have a cad session with cad technician, because he phoned in ill on the day. So I was waiting around, till one of the teachers my cad session was cancelled. This was very annoying as I this was my last day in Nottingham before I started to commute to university from home (London).
I think that this was one of the main reasons why the pattern came out wrong because it was kind of rushed.

Hopefully it all comes out fine and looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment