Friday 18 January 2013

Less is More

When things don’t go your way it can be so annoying and at times frustrating .But as I am writing this,  I am happy that my devore  samples did not work because it showed me I had to develop further and taught me that your first idea is not always the best idea.
Using the prints that I had designed to do my jacquard knit with, I thought that they could look really interesting if I used them in a devore  jumper. I made the screen ( with some help of course, this was my first time) and assumed it would be smart to do small samples just to see what I might be working with. BAD IDEA! While creating the screen I realised that my images were too small but I went ahead anyway and did the ‘small’ samples. I chose to dye the sampled fabric before devore-ing it. This was so I could see the devore pattern clearer once it was finished.
I did not like the end results on my samples because the prints that I had chosen resembled African prints and also within the prints there was too much going on.
Now that I look back, I think maybe block patterns or some sort of pattern that is very simple but yet effective will look better as a devore print for my knit.
In this part of my project, Less is More!



I did a few more sample using simpler shapes and this is how they came out.



They all still need more work!

No comments:

Post a Comment