Friday 17 May 2013

Different colour, yarns and Maggot sizes!

Today the CAD session with Simon went really well. The first tiny maggot sample that I did, I liked it so much that I wanted to see if maybe I changed the yarns and the machine gauge, I could get different effect of maggot knit samples.
I really enjoyed this session as it gave me the chance to have fun experimenting with different colours and textures of yarn. This is what I enjoy the most about knitting.

Using the 10 gauge knitting machine I knitted three samples of the knitted maggots. I liked how they came out but I didn't love them, I thought there was still something missing but I couldn't put my finger on it.



For this sample I used a mohair yarn which I thought would be more interesting but I don’t really like how it came out. You can’t really see the shape of the maggots but I like the colour of the yarn.

For my next two samples, I used the 14 gauge machine. These samples came out amazing, I love them. My only complaint would be, I wish that I could try and get smaller maggots but the problem is there isn't a smaller gauge machine so this is the smallest I can get!
I plan to keep experimenting because you never know what can happen, in the business of knitting!




No comments:

Post a Comment