Tuesday 5 March 2013

The Importance of collaboration

Today we did a workshop with Rhian Solomon where she talked to us about how collaborating with others was very important, as her work would not be active without the assistance of tailors, plastic surgeons and pattern cutters.
We had to pair up with someone who was not on the same course with us, I was with a textile student and a photographer. Once in the group, we had to find out what we all had in common and what the difference was in our work. One thing my group had in common was that our work always had some sort of emotional meaning and that we wanted people to be connected to our work emotionally. The thing that was different between us minus our craft was how we wanted it to be used. The photographer wanted to go into phycology, helping people with therapy using her work while I wanted to make garments and be more involved in the fashion industry.
I truly enjoyed this class as I got to meet different people whose work was very interesting and I liked the fact that everyone wanted to use their work in different career fields.
I think that collaboration is very important as it helps you to grow and learn new things that maybe might help you grow creatively and personally. This is very important to me as I will be collaborating with a photographer for my look book and a film student to try and do a mini commercial for my brand. So far it’s been a really good experience but it has made me realise how much work I have to put in on my side for things to work smoothly. Overall I’m excited about my collaborations and what the final product will be.
I know it will be very interesting .

No comments:

Post a Comment